Monday, February 8, 2010

Oral Nystatin Baby How Long Until Nystatin Starts To Work For Oral Thrush In A 7 Week Old?

How long until Nystatin starts to work for oral thrush in a 7 week old? - oral nystatin baby

The pediatrician is the suspension of nystatin orally for 3 days, and I nipple cream Nystatin 4x a day for 10 days. His day 7 now and still has a white tongue. It looks exactly the same. And never hurt my nipples or during meals, so I do not believe? My questions are:

1. How long until his tongue started to clarify the situation?

2. Can I have thrush and not hurt? I feel that I have to use the cream for no reason, because they have no symptoms.

3. Did not work for your baby or nystatin put a term used, it must use something stronger?

4. Can I try not to because it does not mix with the food? Is it disappear by itself?

4 comments:

Strawber... said...

I had the same thing. You need the full course, this works. They should also help clean the mouth with a cloth with the white and should continue to try nipples also because it feeds on them and can become infected. Hope this helps

♥ Hurley is 10 months old ♥ said...

Ok, I went with the same period of breast-feeding problems. When I started, nystatin does not work, but I have to swallow it. What I did was pour it into the top and take up these towers and enjoy Fat Baby Q nystatin and rub on the tongue, 3 or 4 times a day and the nipples. It took about 2 weeks before I never saw a white spot. Good luck.

eloquent said...

Sure within a few days that the treatment of breast cancer and discuss probiotics with the pediatrician. have medical questions, call your doctor.

elibob_2... said...

It should be clearly begun. Do you have an unpleasant odor of breath? You may have to take him to the doctor. Two of my children, and they have used nystatin five times a day for ten days ... Has your child wears a Binkie? If so, you are sterilized after each use and cleaning and nystatin? And make sure you clean the syringe and the medicine before you again, so it does not contaminate the medication bottle.
You do not want to let go untreated, and I do not recommend using the cream for breastfeeding. Thrush in the breast is very painful and rather sad in my mouth.
I tried to call the doctor, at least, to see if they beat Fequency medicine.
Good luck to you both.

Post a Comment