Saturday, January 9, 2010

Ceiling Fan Light Remote Can I Operate A Fluorescent Light With A Solid State Ceiling Fan/light Remote Controller?

Can I operate a fluorescent light with a solid state ceiling fan/light remote controller? - ceiling fan light remote

Hampton Bay, I am installing a ceiling fan in my garage. The fan has a light kit and comes with a wireless remote control fan and light. I intend to eliminate the play of light and use the attached cable to a fluorescent lamp, I want to close the connection to connect to install a ceiling fan. Since it is not easy against a wall switch to the new light on wire, without undermining a lot of holes in the plaster, I use the remote to operate the light. The remote says "only Ardent. But only if the driver turns the light on / off, no dimming capability, there is no reason why not work with fluorescent lamps? Could it cause damage to the controller or other problems? Thank you in advance for your help.

4 comments:

wvparano... said...

I do not think it hurt, and it should work until there is more tenuous. The only problem I see is the wiring to be strong enough to make the fan. Many fan-light, for example, 15 watts max or something. If this fails, you can always buy through home decor that is the outside wall and run a cable from one switch the cables that turn the fan feeds to your light.

Just me........ said...

to try to see what happens .....

In general, fluorescent light takes a few seconds of heat to the ballast.

I do not believe that the treatment of injuries .....

Ceiling Fan expert said...

Good question ...

Although I can not speak directly to the Hampton Bay ceiling fan model you are interested, after the ceiling fan for almost 20 years, I have not seen handheld transmitter for a remote - Ceiling fan is Sun quality .. . with the exception of a few new fans who actually today fuorescent light in them.

So, you say that the fan uses only light bulbs, I assume that the device in the fan not fluorescent. In this case, definitely read the specifications for the big fan ... I think you'll find that when the button or anything, put into operation is a regulator.

If I'm wrong, not just the button and turn off the lights, then you should have no problem, and I will remove ... In this case, I hear you, because I do not like to false.

Ultimately, dimmers do not work in fluorescent lamps and can damage the ballast, because working the way a controller typically produce lively current. KIND like turn off the switch on and off very quickly, while the controller is running.

I can through the ceiling fan Q & A blog, if you know me, what happens, or if you want any questions or comments.

http://ceilingfans.hansenwholesale.com

Brian A said...

Maybe, maybe not. Although the pilot only on / off can be constructed with the same circuit to be used a regulator. There is the possibility of damage to the controller or the fluorescent ballast.

Post a Comment